The last week I have been very busy finishing quilts 3 UFOs(unfinished objects) and one quilt made from scratch.
The bright red quilt was the one that i began and finished in under a week... its for a friend in hospital who likes bright red and of course none of the 16 quilt tops I had finished were red. The basis of this quilt is very easy. I draw up a graph of squares that i like ( in this case 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 inch) and make the required number of blocks in each size. The only dimention that matters is the final size of the block which is achieved by making it bigger than necessary and cutting it back to size. For the quilting I did an all over design of straight lines that crossed in places to form squares and rectangles. I am really pleased with how it came up.
Orca. This is a small single quilt designed to fit my daughters lower bunk - she wants one with animals on the top bunk..... not yet done. I kept the piecing simple so that the focus was on the panel.